Happy Halloween!Brian and I carved pumpkins last night....he did the dog and I did the super basic smiley face. We've always had a tradition of carving pumpkins and this year was no different. However, this year we scooped out the guts, washed our hands, Brian gave me shot #1 and then we finished up the carving and then did shot #2!
Gotta love the 7:00am appointments at the RE's office. Yup, we were there bright and early! Here's the latest stats:
E2: 1833
Follicles: I'll be honest...I've lost count. Right now, I don't really care about the quantity....we're paying more attention to the size. My largest follie is 19mm and the rest are between 12-17. The hope is to get some of the smaller ones a bit larger. A follicle is considered mature when they are between 16-20mm. So, we're getting really close.
Med List: All the same...but amounts have decreased to 75 units of Follistim and 75 units of Menopur. Ganirelix stays the same. We're keeping our fingers crossed that today is our last night of stims.
What's Next: If all looks good tomorrow, I'll get the go ahead to give the HCG trigger shot. HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) is given to cause final maturation of the eggs and help the egg to release from the wall of the follicle for easier aspiration during the Egg Retrieval (ER). Then, 36 hours later I will go in for the ER. Click here to learn more about the Egg Retrieval Process.
Ok...since it's Halloween....here's my belly shot....it's a scary, bloated sight. My arms match pretty well too, thanks to the daily blood draws!

No comments:
Post a Comment