Monday, October 26, 2009

Brunch Date


In our journey with infertility, I have found a few really great resources on-line. The best resource that I have found is from an Infertility message board. It's a place for women who are under going ART (assisted reproductive technology). It's a place where people can ask questions, vent frustrations, and offer support. I've been on the board since the beginning of the year once we received our diagnosis and realized our dreams of having a baby weren't going to be easy.


These women are the most knowledgeable and supportive group of women who I have ever "met". I think what has been the most helpful to me it that they all "get it". They understand, first hand, the fears, frustrations, doubts, and insecurities that infertility brings. It's reassuring to learn from their experiences, bounce ideas off of them, and to realize what you are feeling is the same as what others going thru this roller coaster are experiencing.
There are a handful of us from Northern CA, so we decided to meet in person for brunch. It was a morning full of laughter, encouragement, and sharing. Three of us go to the same clinic, so we compared notes. We are already planning our next get-together after the first of the year.

Cindy, Betsy, me, Anna, and Stacy

No comments: