Thursday, October 29, 2009

Another good appointment

We were at the RE's office again this morning. We got more good news....we're starting to feel spoiled!

Follicle Count: 9 on the right and 8 on the left. The count is a bit lower because some of the follicles haven't caught up with the others. So, we have 17 that are almost mature. My lead follicle (the biggest) is almost 18mm now. My lining is up to 10....a perfect 10!

E2 level: 773

Drug List: all still the same...nothing new. Ganirelix comes in a pre-filled syringe. We decided it's a crappy needle. Brian had to stick me 3 times before the needle finally went in. Good grief! We've never had a problem before...go figure!

We go in tomorrow for another E2 draw and sonogram. We also will have our pre-op with Dr. Wachs which means were getting close to our Egg Retrieval (ER). We're thinking Sunday or Monday, but will know more after tomorrow.

I'm still feeling good...just super tired. I'm really feeling my ovaries tonight....borderline sore...but not bad. Today was really the first day that I felt completely overwhelmed. I had a million thoughts racing thru my mind. I bounce between excited, hopeful, scared, and terrified. I've really been battling fears of getting pregnant, only to endure another loss.

My faith has certainly been tested throughout the last 2 years. But, I still believe that there is a reason for everything and that God is in control. He knows the desire in our hearts, but that doesn't mean our prayers will be answered just as we ask them to be. But I do know that in the end, everything will be OK.

I keep reminding myself of the many blessing we have received throughout this process. God will bless us in one way or another. Instead of worrying about the possibilities, I'll remember the victories, no matter how small; like how my amazing husband and I have learned to communicate so much better than ever before; Brett, Marlo and Heather who have been simply incredible throughout; our amazing doctors and nurses; support from "my girls" on the internet; kind emails from family and friends just when we need them most; and the simple fact that we're able to be on this journey in the first place thanks to my medical coverage thru Crate.

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."-Melody Beattie

No comments: