Sunday, October 18, 2009

And...we're canceled

My E2 level was 98, so my cycle has been canceled again. I talked to the on-call nurse today, so I don't have a lot of information. But, for some reason, my body isn't responding to Lupron.

My regular RE is on-route to Atlanta to attend an infertility conference. So, she should be calling me in the next day or so to review and make a plan. I'm sure there will be a change in my protocol. We're just really bummed and disappointed right now.

I was reading a infertlity blog the other day and I think she said it best: "It would be so much easier to deal with infertility if there was a clear end somewhere down the line. If I knew that in one year, or two years, I would be pregnant. Or if I could see that I could be happy with another sort of “resolution” to this situation. It is most certainly easier to live through any sort of crisis when the end is in sight, no matter how far away that end might be. Infertility is not a guaranteed “temporary” situation. That is why it is scary and sad and overwhelming. That is why sometimes it feels like we are banging our heads against a brick wall, again and again. If I were to think about other challenging or unfortunate scenarios, even if they are pretty damn bad, all might have that “end game” component–and infertility just doesn’t."

1 comment:

Heather said...

Me again....I'm so sorry that there's another hurdle for you two! Whatever you need, you let me know...I'm only a short drive away and and an even shorter call! It was great to see you this weekend. =) You are both in my prayers.