Well, we had a much different Saturday night than we had planned. We had planned to chill out and watch a movie. Brian has been fighting a bad cold and I'm fighting hard not to get it. Brian went to wash his hands and noticed that we had no hot water.
Upon inspection, we found that the pilot light had gone out on the hot water heater. Brian made numerous attempts to relight it, all with no avail. So, off I go to google hot water repairs. What did we do before google?
I found a good site and determined that we might have an issue with out thermocouple. Brian agreed and marched off to Ace Hardware. As always, the staff at Ace was super helpful. We came home and installed our new thermocouple in about 15 minutes. The pilot light lit and stayed lit on the first try! Brian can now add hot water repair to his growing list of handy man skills. It was a proud DIY moment!
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That sucks. I'm glad you were able to fix it and it didn't cost $1,ooo,ooo. I hope you both feel better soon.
What,he didn't go back inside and whip up a batch of cookies?? I cannot believe the two of you put your heads together, figured out what you needed and Brian (with the help of Ace) got the thing repaired. Amazing, and so handy to have a HANDY person in the house. Glad you got it repaired.
Post a Comment