Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Use for Old T-shirts

Photo courtesy of marthastewart.com
I saw this idea recently, and thought it would be a great, easy project. For those of you that know Brian, you know that he lives in T-shirts. He loves them and can't part with them until they are past the "point of no return". We can only use so many of them as dust clothes, so I think I have found a new use. I have several tote bags that I use at the grocery store. But, these bags will add to my collection!

How to Make a T-Shirt Bag

1. Turn the t-shirt inside out, and sew a straight line across the bottom seam.

2. Line up all the seams. Cut off each sleeve just inside the sleeve seam.

3. Trace a half-circle around the neck hole using a round bowl or lid. I used a men’s large t-shirt and a bowl with an 11-inch diameter. Cut along your pen mark through both layers of the t-shirt to create a bigger opening.

4. Flip the t-shirt right side out again. There is no need to finish the edges around the neck or sleeves. You’re done!

A slight variation of these instructions were presented on the Martha Stewart website in 2007.
Happy Inauguration Day! Enjoy the historic moment.

1 comment:

TK said...

One day I will see a picture on this blog of Brian using one of those T shirt bags to transport his stuff. That I've got to see.