When I opened out Farm Box earlier this week, and saw this.....I thought "what the heck is this?".

It's called Romanesco, I learned after reading the Farm Fresh to You newsletter. It's a type of speciality cauliflower. According to the newsletter, it is perfect raw or cooked and has an abundance of vitamin C. The newsletter went onto explain:
It's strinkly-chartreus structure is unlike any other vegetable. Its florets, rather than being rounded, tower into a pyramid of spiraling peaks. A fractal. If you break off a piece, it contains a replica of itself, which contains a replica of itself, and so on. It's like a hall of mirrors. The florets have the same texture as a white cauliflower, but the flavor is more mild, and a bit sweeter. Brian said it tasted like brocolli, after his first bite and I totally agree. I love getting the farm box. I highly recommend you check out your area for one. It has been excellent and has opened us up to things we probably wouldn't try otherwise.

Romanesco, Turnps, and Carrots with a cheese sauce....a yummy side dish with our salmon. Sara loved her dinner!
My new favorite picture of these two....she is a cuddler when she is tired...I love it....

New Art Work....yeap....it's framed in our hallway gallery....

New to sitting on the stool for art time....how did she get so big, so fast?!?

New fun....Sara has a snack bin and I let her get into. She pulled out her bunny grahams and dumped them all over the floor. I was folding laundry and heard Sara laughing. I walk into find Belle "helping" Sara eat all the bunnies off the floor. They had most of them cleaned up before I could snap off a shot. I guess I need to move Sara's snack bin.
New word....check it out....
No comments:
Post a Comment