The very essence of childhood--a sense of wonder, imagination, the innocent belief in possibility, creativity--so many of the things that gradually wane with age--You are the author of their storybook,
writing memories and elements of their character every day.
Make it meaningful.
Give them wonder.
And then I read this in the newsletter from Sara's school:
February brings emotions, especially love and respect, to our classrooms
with Valentines Day and Black History month being recognized. Valentines Day goes
far beyond exchanging a card, it opens up teaching moments and opportunities to
initiate conversations on love, kindness, respect, fairness, and inclusion to a
child who is trying to figure out and nurture social connections.
So, yeah....my goal for 2012 was born. Make everyday special....no matter how ordinary.
We Valentined it up.....
I made a heart wreath and a garland for the fireplace. The mason jars are filled with conversation hearts and candles. They smell so good burning!
Brian and I made Sara's valentines for her class. How funny is that....they exchange Valentines! I teased Brian about cutting out Pink Butterflies on a Friday night....yep...we're real exciting around these parts!

1 comment:
I'm on board with the 2012 goal....EVERY day is a special one! =)
Post a Comment