Thursday, September 23, 2010

Letters to Sara: 2 months



Little Miss Sara Smiles--

2 months old! I am amazed at how much growth this month has brought to you.

Physically, you are now 22 inches long and 11.8 pounds at your doctor's appointment. Dr. Kong said you were perfect at your 8 week well baby check. Of course, your daddy and I already knew that, but it's nice to hear just the same! You were such a trooper with your 4 shots. You cried after the 3rd shot and I think you only cried because I was holding your arms down. You stopped immediately after I picked you up. You are holding your head up all the time and getting better and better at tummy time. You have started enjoying "standing" on everyone's legs and pushing yourself up and down.

Your personality is starting to grow with your smiles and intense focus. We call you "serious Sara" because you so intently stare at the world around you. It's like you are taking it all in and making a list of questions for future conversations with us. But, you are also quick with your smiles. I don't think your daddy and I will ever get enough....each time you break out into that toothless grin, it's like the first time and we fall in love with you a little bit more.

You have really found your "voice" this month too. You love to coo and "talk" to whatever your are staring at.....the wall, Belle, your toys, whatever. Your "conversations" just crack me up. You like to play with your tongue and will often mimic me when I stick me tongue out. You have even started to drool! You are also getting more vocal with your likes and dislikes. You are starting to loose patience with burping and give us the what for if it's taking too long!
I'm going back to work the beginning of October. While I know working is necessary right now in order to give you the best life possible, I'm so sad to be away from you for so many hours. I know you are going to be in good hands. Your grandparents, Marlo, Lori, and the teachers at your Day Care are great and going to take such good care of you. But, I'm going to miss the time we spent together. I am going to miss being able to bring you back to bed with me and cuddling until 9am on a Thursday just because we have nothing better to do. I'm going to miss taking you to story time at the library and seeing your eyes light up when we sing all the silly songs.
Your daddy and I have been talking about the possibility of me dropping down to 4 days a week to give us the opportunity to spend more of that precious time together. I'm not sure how this is going to all work, but I do know that those precious moments are worth so much more than money can buy.
We love you, little girl!
Your momma

Sara at 1 month:



Sara at 2 months:

3 comments:

TK said...

I think in the two month picture she really looks like her mama. She may have her dad's feet and some of his personality!!!

Amy Baldwin said...

AWWW!! She is really growing like a weed!! I think she does look like you Jenn with Brian's coloring maybe...

Brian and Jenn said...

It will be interesting to see. She has the round Kenny head. But, she looks a lot like her Parker cousin's at birth, too. So, there is definately Parker and Kenny in her!