Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Community Supported Agriculture


In August, Brian and I joined a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) group. What is
a CSA, you ask? Click here to read all about it: Learn about CSA

We joined a farm, Terra Firma Farms , that is located in Winters (about 45 miles from us) and delivers to a drop off location about 10 minutes from our house. Each week, we are treated to a box of farm fresh organic fruits and vegetables. The produce is fantastic and the prices are great. It's been a great way to introduce us to different produce that we otherwise might not try. For example, yellow fleshed watermelon, Japanese cucumbers, and white figs.

I picked up this week's box today. In this week's box, we were treated to:
- Cucumbers
· Sweet peppers
· Garlic
· Tomatoes
· Grapes
· Melon
· Potatoes
· Green beans
· Asian pear
· Sweet corn
· Summer squash


If you have a CSA in your area, I urge you to try it out!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Your list did it....I'm trying Terra Firma! The tomatoes you sent me home with were great!!! =)