Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Deviled Eggs

My Great Aunt Wanda made the best deviled eggs. I remember sitting on the kitchen counter as a young girl helping her peel the eggs and then watching her mix the yolks with a perfect blend of mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.



I love deviled eggs and everytime I make them, I think of Aunt Wanda. I made them this past Labor Day weekend. As I was making them, I thought of Aunt Wanda and I looked forward to the future. I can't wait to make them with Sara and tell her all about her Great-Great Aunt Wanda!



I really don't have a recipe. But, here's what I do:


  1. Hard boil desired number of eggs

  2. Cool and Peel the eggs

  3. Cut eggs in half horizontally and removed yolks into separate bowl

  4. Mix mayo and mustard with yolks using a fork to smash all together (or use a food processor). Add salt and pepper to taste

  5. Fill the eggs white halves with filling. Aunt Wanda always filled them by hand with a spoon. I like to pipe filling into eggs using pastry bag and the tip of choice.

  6. Dust the tops of eggs with paprika .

  7. Chill and Serve!

No comments: