Saturday, April 4, 2009

IUI = Failure

We pretty much knew this cycle was a bust going into our beta. Unlike my last pregnancy, I had absolutely no symptoms what so ever. But, somehow hearing your doctor say, "I'm sorry, but your Beta came back negative" just plain hurt. We were both so excited about this cycle and full of hope. I don't think either of us were prepared for how emotionally draining this cycle was. The juggling of work responsibilities and monitoring appointments, anticicpation of each monitoring ultrasound, the side effects of the drugs, the IUI, and then the 2 weeks of waiting/wondering if it worked. I tried so hard to remain positive this cycle. Even the doctors told us that everything looked "beautiful". But, yet, we are still not pregnant after 18 months of trying.

Cycle 19 is now underway. I went in today for my CD 2 ultrasound. I had no cysts on my ovaries and my lining was thining. So, I start a new batch of drugs tomorrow. I'm sad to say that I can't get really excited about this cycle. Brian and I have decided to try 2 more cycles and then take a break for the summer. I'm exhausted. I'm sad. I'm terrified that this might not work.

2 comments:

TK said...

So sorry this was not successful. I am hoping that the next round will work. Sooner or later this has to work!! I hope you have a relaxing weekend as you get ready for the next round. You are moving foward!!

Heather said...

I miss you! I have my fingers crossed for you & Brian. I know your time is coming!!