Thursday, April 16, 2009

Let's Get You Knocked Up

"Let's get you knocked up!"....That's what my doctor told me as she performed our 2nd IUI today. Brian and I both love her. She is kind, compassionate, witty, down to earth, and not afraid to tell it to us straight. I shared with her my fears of this not working again and needing to know what the next steps might be since I tend to worry. Without batting an eye, she went over what she thought the next logical steps would be (surgery to remove my polyps and then injectable meds that are more powerful to stimulate my ovaries even more).

While I can't say that I look forward to the prospect of having surgery or having to give myself shots in the belly, we walked away feeling better. We have a plan...just in case. I go in for a beta (Blood Pregnancy Test) in 2 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed for us! We are cautiously optimistic...we've been let down before....but we have no reason not to think this won't work.

Have to share this video that I stumbled across a while back. Some of you have seen it. It perfectly sums up the journey that Brian and I are on right now. If you have a few extra minutes, I encourage you to watch it.

http://www.tearsandhope.com/

No comments: