Wednesday, December 2, 2009

6 week Ultrasound


We had our 6 week ultrasound today. I was a nervous wreck and so was Brian. It was a very quiet ride to the office. We had to wait for what seemed like forever.
We were finally called back and greeted by Sara, our nurse throughout the cycle. She was so excited for us. She asked how I was doing, and I instantly started crying. I was just so nervous. She reassured me that Dr. W would be right in to get started. She had a student nurse working with her that day, so she asked if she could be in the room with us. At that point, I really didn't care who was in the room, I just wanted to know if everything was OK.
Dr. W finally came in. Since she knew how nervous I was, she wanted to get started with the ultrasound and go over everything else later. She was able to find the gestational sac immediately and then zoomed in on the heartbeat. I couldn't believe it....it was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. Brian and I were both in tears. Little one was so small, but so amazingly alive!

It's hard to see...but in the top of the black oval is the baby. It's so small, but it looks like a diamond ring on the screen. The ring is the sac and the "diamond " is the baby

Everything was measuring right on target and Dr. W reviewed my meds and bloodwork and next appointments. Since I had mild OHSS, she went over when to call her if I experienced any difficultly in breathing etc. She said that my ovaries are still really over stimulated, but pregnancy usually helps the symptoms to subside. She also gave us instructions to call and ask to be scheduled for an ultrasound at any time we are worried and in need of reassurance. Lastly, she wants me to book an appointment with an OB....hard to believe!


The entire office was buzzing with our news and we got lots of hugs and congrats from the staff. We see them so much that they really began to feel like family. It's going to be really hard to say goodbye. Next ultrasound is in 2 weeks!

No comments: