Wednesday, December 16, 2009

8 week ultrasound



8 week ultrasound today!



I was so excited to see the LO today! Dr. W was right on time today and we got to see a beautiful beating heart today. It was beating away at 168 beats per minute. We were able to hear the heartbeat thru the ultrasound today....music to my ears!


Baby is looking like ET here!





In our excitement, we also got some bittersweet news. Dr. W discovered a 2nd sac with a baby that didn't have any cardiac activity. So, both embryos attached after the transfer. But, for whatever reason, the 2nd sac didn't develop past 7 weeks. It's called "vanishing twin" syndrome. It occurs in about 20-30% of multiple pregnancies. Typically, the sac will reabsorb and not cause any problems. I'll continue to be monitored to make sure that this is, in fact, the case.


We graduated from the RE today, just shy of 1 year since we started our journey with them. It was sad to leave because they have been so good to us. They really did feel like part of our family. I have orders from Dr. W and Sara to email with updates, belly pictures, and to bring the baby by for a visit. I can't wait!!!


Keep growing strong, Little One!

No comments: