Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Overjoyed!

I'm knocked up! I'm with child! I'm FINALLY pregnant!!!!!

Brian and I got up early and were at the lab by 7am for my Beta draw. It sure was a quiet ride to the lab. We were both so nervous. We so desperately wanted to hear the great news that we were finally pregnant!

I took the day off work so that we could be together to process whatever news we received when Dr. W called. We waited and waited and waited for what seemed like an eternity, but it was just after 11am when the phone rang. Brian was out with Belle on a walk, so I debated if I should answer the phone or let her leave a message. I decided to answer the phone. Dr. W said Hello and asked me how I was feeling. I said that I felt fine, but that I was really nervous. She asked if I was feeling pregnant and I responded that I wasn't at all. She replied, "are you sure, because you should be!". I was unsure as to where she was going with this and I dumbfoundedly asked her, "I'm really pregnant, you're not kidding?". She replied, "I don't kid about things like this, you are pregnant!".

My beta level was great! Beta was 205 9dp5dt. I cried tears of shock and joy. Dr. W congratulated me and told me to tell Brian the good news and gave me instructions about my meds. After we got off the phone, I ran to our empty room and grabbed the onies that Brian and I bought in Murphy's during our 1st IUI cycle many months ago. When he got home, I was crying. I showed him the onies and asked if he'd like to use it in about 8 more months! We both cried and hugged and cried some more!

We are both so excited and nervous and scared. I took a pregnancy test just to see the words "pregnant" pop up. I still couldn't believe it. I have another blood draw on Thursday to make sure my levels are doubling and then we have our 1st ultrasound on 12/2. We can't wait to see our little one!

No comments: