Monday, November 9, 2009

Egg Transfer

We had our 5 day transfer yesterday! We transfer ed 2 beautiful grade AB blastocysts back in.

Here's the picture that they gave us of our blasts. Sorry, I can't figure out how to crop it down. We are hoping they are getting snuggled in for a long 9 month stay.

This is what happens in a 5dt:

0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining 5dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT
I'm on bed rest for the next couple of days. Our hard work is behind us. Now, we just wait. Our next appointment is for a beta draw (pregnancy test). I think the waiting will be the hardest part. I keep trying to remember that I am pregnant until proven otherwise.
Dr. W called today to let us know that 4 more embies made it to the blastocyst stage, so we have a total of 6 blasts to freeze.....our very own totsicles for later use. We'll keep you posted as we know more....keep those prayers and good vibes coming....our embies have a lot growing to do!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ok...here's my break at work. I'm so happy for you two!! Please let me know if there is anything you need....I'm not that far away. I have everything crossed and TONS of good thoughts heading your way. Love you both (and the embies!!) =)