The Wine Train was beautiful and had a fabulous lunch on board. My parents gave us the tickets last year for Christmas and we never had a chance to use them until now. I'm glad we wanted until the fall because the vineyards were just beautiful. We enjoyed appetizers on the way up the valley and then we're seated for lunch on the return trip. The 4 course lunch put us into a total food coma....but it was delish!





After the train, We wandered around the Oxbow Market . We ended up running into my cousin Patty and her husband Les. So much has changed in Napa since the last time we were there. I'm not sure why we don't go over more often....it's a short 40 minutes from our house. I think afternoon runs to Gotts and ThreeTwins Icecream is in our future!
We spent the night in Calastoga. We walked to dinner and enjoy a couple of cocktails after while watching the Saints run over the cowboys in Sunday night football.
Our room had a little patio and fountain. It was too cool to enjoy breakfast out there....but it was nice to look out on.

We did enjoy the fireplace.

On the way home, we drove down Silverado Trail....simply breathtaking!




It was nice to get away and have some time to ourselves. Sleeping in after 8am was decadent! This was the 2nd time Brian and I had gotten way together without Sara. We vowed to do it more often.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:
Post a Comment