Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Front Porch Railing: Project #2,092

I've been wanting to add a railing to our porch for a while now. A lot of the neighbors have done it and it really finishes the porch, in my opinion.




However, I wasn't in love with the traditional look. I wanted something a bit more contemporary and natural. I really wanted copper tubing, but have you seen the prices of copper lately?!??!

In talking about my idea with my dad, he mentioned he had he some laying around and wasn't able to use it for the project he picked it up for. After some measurements and layout ideas, he went home to cut the lengths. He basically got us set up with a DIY kit....thanks, dad! I painted yesterday and Brian installed today! I love it...







we can't wait to get our bronze house numbers so we can get rid of the ugly green ones!

Oh, and just for fun....our ugly duckling on moving day....it's come a long way, baby!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: