For a long time
there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams.
Even from such small things,
we knew we could not wait to love you forever.
~Story People
November 8, 2009
One of these 2 beautiful embryos is Sara. The other is her twin that we lost at 8 weeks. While we will never know which is Sara, we will always remember 11/8 with great fondness. I will never forget Dr. Wachs pointing to the catheter on the ultrasound screen. We all intently watched as the fluid contains the embryos flowed out. I remember crying as I lay there watching. All of my work had been done, it was now up to these microscopic embryos to find a comfy place to implant, hold on, and develop into the baby we wanted so desperately.
I watched, I worried, and I prayed harder than I ever had in the 8 months that followed. And then once Sara was placed in my arms, it was all about the love....At the end of the day, that's the one constant. It's the one thing that supersedes all the questioning, over thinking and heart ache that comes along with the journey of infertility and IVF.


No comments:
Post a Comment