Sunday, October 17, 2010

Terra Firma Farm Day





We had a great day at Terra Firma's Farm Day. After a hectic morning, it was nice to go to the farm, relax, and remember that the small things are the most beautiful. Here's some pictures of the day....Enjoy!


Checking on Sara in her new ride.

Broccoli....the heat took a toll on the heads, but can't wait to eat some for dinner!

Cabbage will be ready soon!



Red and Green Cabbage Patch


Look who we found in the cabbage patch!






Potatoes


Blue Grass Band in the Walnut Orchard

Sara enjoyed listening to music and watching the leaves on the trees

Terra Firma's mascot cruising the orchard

Sweet Peppers....so delicious!

Heirloom Tomatoes....beautiful!

What a beautiful setting for a strawberry field!


No farm is complete without a big, green tractor!

Sara and Auntie Heather

Pumpkin Sit In!

Brian found a little pumpkin about the same size as our Lil Pumpkin's head!


Beautiful setting for a pumpkin patch!
(Looks crowded...but it really wasn't)


Strawberries!





Picking strawberries wore Sara out!


Strawberries don't get fresher than this!


Loaded the stroller with our pumpkins and heading for the car!




I have a thing for Old Barns!

After hanging out at the farm, we headed to Davis for dinner at The Mustard Seed. I'll admit, I was a little nervous walking in and seeing white table clothes and hearing quiet music playing. Were we crazy taking a tired 12 week old baby there?!?! I'm happy to report that Sara was great , even though she was awake the entire time, and we had a delightful dinner. We shared our dishes, family style. Heather ordered Day Boat Scallops, I order a risotto with shrimp and sundried tomatoes, and Brian ordered Butternut Squash Gnocchi with a Sage Butter Sauce and Roasted Brussel Sprouts.....yes, Brussel Sprouts. We were all a little unsure about the Brussel Sprouts, but they were so good.
I highly recommend trying the Mustard Seed if you are in Davis. Excellent Service, Excellent Food, and Excellent ambiance. Paul and Robin, the owners, were so nice and accomodating. Our waitress was the best. I can't give this place enough props! Perfect ending to a perfect day!

1 comment:

TK said...

Wow, can't get any better than that. Pictures of pumkins and babies. Thanks, great pictures. Thanks for sharing the day.