I found the recipe on the Annie's Eats blog a while back. I've been reading in a lot of the cooking blogs I follow about how good and easy they are. Even my friend, Heather, had heard about them. So, I had to try them. When we were at the farmer's market last week, a stand had cucumbers for 50 cent a pound. I took it as a sign.....I had to give this recipe a try.
Boy....am I glad that I did! They are great and super easy to make! I will be making them again! I made spears and chips with my fancy wavy cutter! I've read they will last for about three weeks in the refrigerator, but as quickly as we're going through them, I doubt I'll be able to test that theory.
Refrigerator Dill Pickles
3 cups water
6 tablespoons vinegar
3 tablespoons kosher salt
Cucumbers
Minced garlic
Fresh dill sprigs
Dried red pepper flakes (optional, but I going to try next time)
Combine water, vinegar and salt; stir until salt is completely dissolved.
Cut cucumbers as desired. I cut some into spears, but also cut some into slices for sandwiches and burgers.
Place dill sprigs in the bottom of a canning jar (I used 2-3 depending on their size). Fill jar half full of cucumber pieces. Add garlic, another dill sprig and fill the rest of the way with cucumber pieces. Pour brine into the jar, making sure all cucumber pieces are covered. Cap and refrigerate for two days before eating.
That's it! Just repeat with as many cucumbers as you have, making more brine as needed. For variety, adjust the amount of garlic and dill to your taste, try different kinds of vinegars or add red pepper flakes to some of the jars for spicy pickles.
Enjoy!

2 comments:
wow, that looks good, and so easy.
They don't last that long at my house....three weeks? Never!! =) Glad you liked the recipe...Annie's the best!
Post a Comment