Friday, August 6, 2010

First US IVF baby has her own...

I thought this was very interesting....

First IVF baby has her own

I must admit, at first I took offense to the "normal way" comment. To me "normal" can be construed as really insensitive but then I remembered what Brian and I went thru to have Sara, and many others who pursue IVF, wasn't NORMAL in any frame or fashion.

I don't think anyone going thru infertility treatments leaves from being wanded at baseline ultrasounds thinking, "Wow, that was a really normal experience".

Or while shooting up with crazy amounts of hormones, after excusing ourselves momentarily from a business meeting, look at our reflection in the not-so-sanitary work bathroom and think, "This is incredibly normal to be doing this!".

The one thing I begged God to "do" to me through every step of IF is make me "normal". That word is very common in our journey and not because we feel innately connected with it!

I think the one thing everyone can agree on is that this process makes us feel as UN-normal as humanly possible with the pokes, prods, invasions of our bodies, procedures, surgeries, drugs, UN-normal hormonal swings, bawling fits, hopes dashed, manic crazy thoughts, and then just more worries after our version of conception worked.

I think she just chose a commonplace word that most people would connect with.

No comments: