Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Letters to Sara: 1 month




Dear Sara Grace,

Oh my.....how is it possible that 1 month has already passed since you entered our lives?!?! This month has been an incredible month. I feel like you have been with us forever and it's sometimes hard for me to remember what it was like having you in my belly. What everyone says is true, the first 2 weeks are all about survival. But, it wasn't nearly as bad as we were expecting! Your laid back, sleepy personality made it easy on your daddy and I. Your daddy and I were so over the moon excited that you entered our lives that most of the hours in those 2 weeks were filled with happy tears and simply staring in utter amazement at you!

We have started figuring you out and falling even more in love with you (is that possible??!!). I love your sweet baby smell, and giving you kissing on top of your oh so soft head. When I'm feeding you and you wrap your finger around mine and gaze up at me, I fall in love all over again. That is usually when I start crying my happy tears again, for I marvel at what a perfect miracle you are.

We try to tell you each day how much we love you and how nothing you could do would ever change that. In the many months that we waited for you to come to us, your daddy and I would often talk about what we wanted you to know. One day, your mommy heard a song driving home from work by a band called Sidewalk Prophets. The last chorus goes:

Be strong in the LORD and never give up hope.
You're gonna do great things,
I already know.
God's got his hand on you so don't live life in fear,
forgive and forget but don't forget why you're here.
Take some time to
pray, and thank God for each day.
These are the words I would say.

More than anything else, THAT is my wish for you baby girl. Know that you are loved--we love you more than anything!

Here's a sampling of what you are doing at the ripe ole age of 1 month:
  • You love to be on the move. Your hands and feet have always been moving from day one. You stretch and wiggle around!
  • You have started to coo. You make the sweetest sounds! It's different from the to grunts and groans you like to do a lot in your sleep. You also make lots of squeaking noises....hence your nickname Sara Squeakerson!
  • You are beginning to hold your head up. Daddy calls you a "bobble head" because it takes all your energy to hold that big noggin up....but you try with all your might.
  • You love your bath time. You stare and wiggle around as happy as can be! However, you usually fuss when it's time to take you out and put lotion on.
  • You love being outside. You are very content watching the leaves on the trees blow in the breeze. You love laying on Grammy and Gramp's lawn for hours.
  • You hate getting your diaper changed. You fuss with all your might while your diaper is off and you calm right down when a clean diaper is one.
  • You are a rockstar burper! Sometimes we don't even have to pat you to get you to burp. You'll burp just by sitting you up slightly. Your mama is proud!
  • You are working hard at figuring out the world around you. You love to stare at the black and white photos we have around the house. You will concentrate so hard sometimes, we just wonder what you are thinking!
  • Your daddy and I have pretty silly nicknames for you. Some include: Sara Smiles, Sara Sleepersons, Sara Squeakerson, Little Mama, Little Muffin, Sara Smile, and Sara-bow-bara.
  • You have started discovering your tongue. You like to wiggle it all around and sometimes stick it out of your mouth!
  • You are still wearing your newborn clothes, but it won't be much longer. We just used up your last newborn diaper and started using Size 1....man, they look big on you!

Love you forever,


Your mommy

No comments: