Hello 2010! Wow! I can’t believe it’s been 10 years since we wondered if Y2K was going to wipe out life as we knew it.
Looking back at the last 10 years, I almost can’t believe all the stuff that’s happened. This decade, I think, has defined me as a person more so than any other of my life so far. Obviously, in the 1980s, I was just a young girl trying to navigate the dramas and traumas of elementary, middle, and high school. In the 1990s, I was a shy high school student, turned college student, turned teacher. At the start of the 21st century, I was 27, becoming disillusioned with teaching, starting to work for Crate&Barrel, and really trying to figure life out. What the heck did I want to do, now that I'm grown up??? Armed with a stipend check and a full-time sales position from Crate&Barrel, and new outlook on life, I decided to throw caution to the wind and STOP worrying so much about what other people thought. New millennium, new me. I packed my bags and moved to Seattle.
And now, 10 years later, I can see how far I’ve come. I still have a long way to go, obviously. Still learning, still growing. But in the last decade, I moved to another state and started building a career with a company that I adore. I watched with millions as the world changed forever on 9/11. I had the best time of my life, and I struggled harder than I ever had before.
Then I met this boy. THE boy. This adorable, sweet, amazing military brat. And I fell – head.over.heels. in love with him. We dated for 3 years, building amazing memories along the way, and fell madly in love. Our wedding was by far one of the best days of my life so far. Such a special day surrounded by family and friends and so much love. And we bought a house! A small, ranch-style home of our very own.
Toward the end of the decade, we decided that we wanted to start a family. What a journey that has been. We struggled and struggled and I will say that it was the most difficult and darkest time of both our lives. Yet, through it all, Brian and I stood by each other. We learned to communicate better and shared a determination that we were going to beat infertility!
And now, here we are, at the dawn of a new decade! I’ve got my hubby by my side who still gives me butterflies just like he did when we first met. We are still learning from each other and growing with each other every day. And we are going to be parents! I can't wait to see what the next 10 years bring!
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment