Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dear Little One, Please Know...

Dear Little One... reaching and stretching inside my belly... listening and dreaming and floating in your warm and cozy bath, there's so much your daddy and I want you to know. But, for now, please know.....

Know that I have loved you since you were a mere thought. That I have dreamed of feeling you move beneath my skin from that first moment when your daddy and I talked about the possibility of you. That through months and years of wishing and hoping and crying and praying and pleading... I never lost sight of you. Your tiny spirit was there all the while, reaching out to guide your daddy and I through every moment of despair......and every moment of hope.

Know that I have loved you....your little hands and feet and perfect beating heart. I have loved you even more since seeing your first photo.....one of those two microscopic spheres of potential, dividing and growing and very much alive.

Know that I have loved you with a ferocity and vigor since those days waiting to find out if you were still there. Do you remember the day as I drove to work? I cried and choked out "please hang on"... and you, knowing it was time, knowing this was our path... listened. When I heard the doctor ask me if I felt pregnant and told me the beta numbers, the evidence of your continued existence, I knew you were such a good baby... you hung on alright.

and that day... I loved you so much more.

Know that I have loved you with a quiet awe, since that first time your daddy and I saw you on the ultrasound screen... and the Dr. smiled and pointed and your daddy practically burst from grinning... to see you... to see your little heart beating...so small, but so amazingly alive...to watch you grow from visit to visit, until we saw your little arms and legs flaps moving and swaying in that dark orb of liquid...

Know that I have loved you with a depth I can't describe, since the day we learned you were healthy and strong, the little miracle I had seen in my dreams for so many long months... carrying me through cycle after cycle of crushed hope... to know, to actually see that you had come to us... to know that we had dreamed of you, your name, your face, your hair, your eyes... for so long now....so long before you came to be. That day my heart could have exploded from loving you.

Little one... know that I love you more than I could write or say, more than you could even imagine... and that I only love you that much more as we begin to feel you kick and twist and grow, as we get your home ready for you, as we humbly wait and watch, still in awe of you... this love grows and grows.

You are something for which there are no words. You are beyond miracles, beyond hope, beyond comprehension... and we wait... and we watch... and we love you.

Know, little one... that we have forever loved, and will forever love you.

We can't wait to meet you in July!

xoxo, Your mommy and daddy

1 comment:

Heather said...

Skippy is just the luckiest baby in the world!! =)