Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lovin' the Today Show Lately

I'm out of the house by 6am every weekend morning, so I never get to see the Today Show. However,thanks to the Internet, I'm able to view segments on their website. My message board was all abuzz with talk about 2 segments recently. So, I pulled the up and thought they were well done and wanted to share them.

This morning's segment was about Miscarriage. Click here to view segment

I thought it was very well done. I'm glad that the media is bringing this taboo subject out in the open and doing it with an open and honest piece such as this. Having a miscarriage 14 months ago, I can clearly indentify with this subject. My innocence is gone and now that we are struggling to concieve again, I'm just downright terrified that it could happen again.

The other segment was regarding what to do with leftover frozen embroyos Click Here to View Segment

This was a good segment. However, I hate that the Octomom now has EVERYONE saying that the embroyos are implanted...GRRR... That is the hopeful outcome, but the doctors transfer the embroyos, they don't implant them. Implantation can only be done by the embroyos themselves.

Brian and I had to sign consent forms before starting our IVF cycle that disclosed our wishes. We had to discuss what to do with the leftover embroyos if we don't wish to have more children, if we divorce, if one of us dies, and finally, if both of us die. Talk about great dinner time conversation....NOT! After promising that we wouldn't have each other's "ghost babies", we decided that we would donate the embroyos to science if we divorce or are seperated by death. If we both die, our embroyos will be put up for adoption to another couple. They were difficult conversations to have, but we feel confident in our decisions.

1 comment:

Heather said...

So random...I saw that on the Today show's website and meant to send it to you but I got distracted at work. I'm glad you saw it! =)