Today, Brian and I were the "boring married couple". We took Belle for a long walk. Brian washed both cars and I mowed the "lawn". Then, I finally got to plant some plants in the garden. I decided, since the danger of frost was mostly over, that this was the "planting weekend". I planted cilantro, Italian parsley, thyme, rosemary, chives, 2 different kinds of leaf lettuce. and 4 different kinds of tomatoes (early girl, roma, roma grape, and yellow boy). Yes..can you believe I (queen tomato hater) planted 4 tomato plants?!?! But, I love cooking with tomatoes. I'm hoping that I have enough to make my own salsa and pasta sauce this summer. YUMMY!
Lettuce and herbs...We still need to get more mulch to put down on the path....But I think it's going to look good!
Tomato plants...I want to get some bell and jalapeno pepper plant...maybe some beans too! I just can't decide!
Brian is putting the finishing touches on our new umbrella. We put out the new umbrella and pillows. We can't wait to BBQ!
You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt. ~Author Unknown

1 comment:
So do we know yet if Belle likes the taste of fresh sprigs of lettuce?? Looking forward to tasting some yummy fresh veggies in May!
Post a Comment