Thursday, June 5, 2014

This Girl.....Be still and Know....

It's hard to believe that Sara's first year of Pre-school is coming to a close.  We meet with her IEP team tomorrow to review her progress and get on the same page about goals for the year ahead.   

Just about 1 year ago we received Sara's Autism and 15q13.3 Microdeletion and 16p13.11 Microduplication diagnosis.  One year....so long, but so short all at the same time. 


This year has been a roller coaster of emotions....a struggle.  A struggle with fear, with doubt, and more "why us?" than I can to admit.  But, I feel like we are getting to a good place....A place that will probably always evolve and shift. A place where, at times, I will lose my footing, backslide and have to climb up again. But, it's a place from where I can still see the valleys of where we have been, and the mountains yet to climb, but so too where the view — the one right here, right now — is simply breathtaking.

This is the place in which I do my best to reside …  I need to be her Mommy... just as she is



Mommy to a  little girl that was created with love and determination of two parents committed to giving her the best life possible and raising her in the happiest home we can.


Mommy to a  little girl needs me to put aside all of my fear, doubt, and insecurities....  

 ....and just... be still.

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

No comments: