Photo from AllRecipes.com
I made Beef Stew last night with a new recipe. I was skeptical when I tried it....but it was pretty darn good. I struggle with the slow cooker from time to time. I really don't like slow cooker recipes that require pre-cooking most everything and dirting multiple pans. Isn't the point of a slow cooker is to do the cooking for you so you can do other things? Most beef stews that I've made require browning the meat prior to throwing everything in the cooker. This one didn't, so I had to try. I'm glad I did!
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Ingredients
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (I used more like 1/3)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf (I used 2 because that's what fell in)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (I used smoked paprika)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3 potatoes, diced (mine were small; so I might use more next time)
- 4 carrots, sliced (I'll add more next time)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (I used 2 because I wanted to use it up)
Directions
- Place meat in slow cooker. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery.
- Cover, and cook on Low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours.

No comments:
Post a Comment