This week I am grateful for:
Life. A beautiful mother I never had the chance to met in real life passed away this week from cancer. She was a member of an on-line Infertility support group I frequent. Her story really touched me. She was a teacher. She was a mother to 3 IVF miracles....triplets born 1 year ago today...2 boys and a girl. She lived in a beautiful house, had a supportive husband, a loving family, and many, many friends. She was too young. No child should ever be left without a mother.
This week I had quite a few times when I felt overwhelmed by trying to balance working and mothering. I worried after Sara's well baby appointment, I felt inadequate after I grew frustrated at a work project I couldn't get just right and needed to leave unfinished so I could race home to spend some time with Sara before bed, I felt deep sadness after I dropped off Sara off at school and she cried when I left. Am I doing enough, giving Sara the exposure to art, books, and stimulating her developing mind? Can I really balance a demanding job while being the mother I want to be? Do I have what it takes to make good decisions, and help Sara learn how to make them also?
And then I am reminded that this-whatever this holds- is life. Every day is precious whether it is spent with tissues, with preoccupation, with frustration, with sadness. I get to experience it all-I get to figure it out, day by day, hour by hour. I get to see Sara grow up, I get to cram a 60-hour work week into 40-50 hours until my brain feels jumbled. I get to make endless lists, I get to drop Sara off at school, I get to work through hard days.
What would so many trade for just one more day whether it was hard or easy, happy or sad?
So this is what I am grateful for this week: every day I get to spend on earth.
Life is precious.
Friday, October 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Beautiful post Jenn. Its hard being a Mom and working you just want to be with your kids sooo bad. I know the feeling.
Baby Sara looks so beautiful, I love that picture on the home page!
SOOO sad. Poor babies and poor women. It must have been really hard to let go of life knowing those babies would go on with out her. A beautiful post
Post a Comment