Saturday, September 24, 2011

Letters to Sara: 1.2 years


Dear Sara,

I'm not sure how you do it, but you are getting more and more fun everyday. There's a small part of me that whispers, "stay little, stay little, stay little" as I rock you before tucking you in for the night. Little by little, you are slipping from baby to toddler. While I will always long for that tiny baby that made me a mom to return, I am anxiously looking forward to watching you turn into a little girl. You have such a kind, sweet spirit and I know that you are going to do great things! Lately, you have been giving the greatest hugs. You are so cuddly....and I eat up every second. Here's a sampling of what you are doing at 14 months:

  • You laugh....the funniest, sweetest laugh. You are starting to crack yourself up. In the last couple of days, you laugh every time you fart (or perhaps I should say, pass gas). Not just a little laugh, but a crack yourself up, full-blown, belly laugh. I love it.

  • You pull yourself up. You still like to play on your knees the best. However, you can pull yourself up.

  • You are really starting to "get" toys. You like your hammer toy and laugh every time you get a ball to go down the shoot. You are imitating like crazy. We have tea parties and you love taking a sip of "tea" every time I do.




  • You are super crawler and have free reign of the house.

  • You really like books. Often I will find you in your room looking at books. I'll call your name and you will peak your head out into the hallway....I love it.




  • You suck your thumb....just like mommy!
    You are using a spoon..sometimes. You are pretty good at eating out of a bowl/plate without tipping it over onto the floor.....thank you!

    Oh Sara, I love you more and more. Nothing will ever change that.....

  • xoxo,

    your mommy

    No comments: