Dear Sara,
This month has stopped me in my tracks....you are 8 months old.....8 months old....how is that possible??? You have been with us for 8 months and our time together just keeps getting better and better. Your daddy and I were just saying the other day, as we looked at you sleeping in your crib, that we can't believe you are ours. You are perfect in every way....you surpassed our greatest expectations! We are so blessed to be your parents.
This past month, I could almost see the wheels turning in your head. You are absorbing so much and taking every little thing in. I marveled at you eating dinner last night. You have been staring at the cheerios and puffs I've been putting on your tray for weeks. You just didn't know quite what to do with them. Slowly, you started fingering them and pushing them around. Last night was the first night that you actually grabbed a fist full of them. You brought your puff-filled fist to your mouth, but couldn't quite figure out how to get the puffs in your mouth. Maybe that's a good thing because you still have quite the gag reflex on anything too solid. We found that out the hard way a couple of times!
You are so aware of everything around you. You have a new fascination with the remote control. You also love grabbing my glasses off my face!
You are smiley and happy. You make the funniest sounds when you are excited. Recently, you have started turning your head away from anyone you are looking at and laugh. You also love shaking your head from side to side....just because you can!
You are loving the new foods we have introduced this past month....you have tried broccoli, cauliflower, black beans, and yogurt with great success. You really weren't digging the chicken puree I made....I can't say that I blame you. I think you don't like the texture. I tried mixing in with sweet potatoes, apple sauce, and pears....and it was still a no go every time! I did break down and buy you some jarred dinners and you gobbled the chicken mango risotto dinner right up...yes...you are quite the budding foodie!
I've been enjoying my Wednesdays off with you. We have been busy going to Baby Bootcamp and the library. This time with you is so fleeting and I want to soak in every last second of it.
You are the proud owner of 2 shiny new teeth!
You have no interest in moving. You love your exersaucer and sitting on the floor playing with your toys. You could spend hours on your belly rocking back and forth. Your teachers at daycare often comment that they have to challenge you to move around because you are so content. I think that this the perfect way to describe you....content and happy.
And that's what you make your daddy and I....content and happy. We love you baby girl....and nothing will ever change that!
Love you forever,
Your Mommy
Sara at 1 month:
Sara at 2 months:
Sara at 3 months:
Sara at 4 months:
Sara at 5 months:
Sara at 8 months :


1 comment:
Wow, TEETH. Thanks so much for posting the pictures and updates.
Post a Comment