Precious little one,
For almost 40 weeks now, you have been growing in my belly and have provided me with so many wonderful days as your daddy and I have thought about the moment that we meet you. Soon, your daddy and I will be heading to the hospital and you will enter our lives and we will be able to touch you, hold you, cuddle with you. That, I believe, is truly the best blessing of all of this.
I will miss watching you grow in my belly - seeing every ultrasound, hearing every heartbeat. But, what we look forward to more is seeing you grow up in front of our eyes. Watching you as you smile for the first time, as you take your first steps, your first Mardi Gras parade, your first day of school, the day you take your driver's test, the day you meet your own partner.
I know we'll experience other firsts together too...the first sleepless nights, the first cold, the first trip to the emergency room, and your first broken heart. And, while I know these first won't be nearly as fun, I can honestly say that these tearful firsts will be so much better than the many tears I cried crying myself to sleep waiting for you to come to us!
I want to teach and show you so many things. I want to teach you about what true love is and show you through example of the love that your dad and I share. I want to teach you about the glory of our Almighty God and the power and wonder that He has. I hope to instill in you a love of the outdoors, the beauty of Nature. I know your daddy can't wait to teach you a thing or two about VWs.
Please know that you were created with love and determination of two parents committed to giving you the best life possible and raising you in the happiest home we can. I just want to be a good mommy to you and daddy to be a good daddy to you. I can't wait to see your daddy's face as the doctor hands you to us. In that moment, I will know that every needle stick, every tear, every doubt, every crushing blow, every fear, every doctor visit, every moment of longing.... it will all have been worth it as tomorrow, two things I have wanted so very badly will happen: I will make my handsome, sweet husband a father, and I will be your mommy.
I love you forever,
Your Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You always make me cry!!! =) I'm so happy your sweet girl is finally in the world with you two!
Post a Comment