Dear Little One,
Wow....37 weeks! I can't believe we are nearing the culumnation of 2 1/2 years of hoping, and dreaming, and praying...of longing so badly that it felt like the breath was being sucked out of your daddy and I.
And then you came to us, bringing us healing...true, precious, life-infusing healing. We have shared thirty-seven weeks of amazing changes and sensations and memories that served to help wipe the slate clean. I don't think I'll ever completely forget the pain and sadness of infertility. Somehow having this most amazing experience of watching you grow and change in my belly makes me ache even more for my friends enduring failed treatments and adoption attempts. But, it's also made me a better person and a better friend, for I'm no longer afraid to cry with them or ask the tough questions.
Have I mentioned that I've loved being pregnant? If there was one tiny shred of redemption that came from infertility it is that I was able to cherish this pregnancy, to love every last fleeting second of it.....and to see it for the miracle that it really is.
When i pictured my life, this journey was so very different from anything I imagined. I never saw infertility or IVF or specialists. But not every road is perfectly straight and paved. Some are gravel and curvy and have unexpected detours. But you know what? Sometimes those roads lead you to the most beautiful places, and even though it may have taken you longer to get there, you appreciate the destination more because of it.
Keep growing big and strong...the world is waiting for you!
your mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment