I guess I'm just a stereotypical pregnant lady.....I love ice cream these days. I have a small bowl 4-5 times per week. I love making ice cream at home because it's so easy and simple. Simple to prepare, simple ingredients, and simple bliss!
I love David Lebovitz and his book The Perfect Scoop. Every recipe that I have tried has been a success. When I saw this recipe, I could resist! I had all the ingredients in my pantry and it was quick to mix up. Simple yumminess...The balance between the chocolate and peanut butter flavors was just right, and the texture was unbelievable thanks to the addition of creamy peanut butter. Next time, I think I want to mix-in some mini peanut butter cups that I found at Trader Joes. You can never have too much PB and Chocolate, right!?!?!
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Ingredients:
2 cups half-and-half
¼ cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder (I used good ole Hershey's)
½ cup sugar
pinch of salt
½ cup creamy peanut butter
Directions:
Whisk together the half-and-half, cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a large saucepan. Heat the mixture, whisking frequently, until it comes to a full, rolling boil (it will start to foam up). Remove from the heat and whisk in the peanut butter, stirring until thoroughly blended.Chill the mixture thoroughly, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Source: adapted from The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz, Ten Speed Press, 2007.


2 comments:
Well I am sure the Bri guy appreciates this!! He and Paul would add peanut butter to our chocolate ice cream at home when we were kid. Brian always loved the reese's peanut butter cups too!
He gave it a thumbs up! However, I don't think he's ever met an ice cream he hasn't like....well maybe something with fruit and chocolate....he doesn't mix those things!
Post a Comment