We're in the home stretch now! How did that happen?!?! At my appointment today, Dr. Wells let me know that we have a BIG baby on our hands. He is proposing that we deliver 1-2 weeks early. Since I really don't care how I deliver, we are going to keep an open mind over the next weeks and see what happens. I'm only 1 cm dilated and Mini is still having fun floating around (i.e. still REALLY high), so conditions might not be favorable for an early induction. If so, Mini might come via c-section. Dr. Wells isn't worried at this point, but encouraged me to keep an open mind.
How far along: 36 weeksTotal weight gain/loss: Up 30 pounds from pre-ER weight...I've lost a couple of pounds this past week.
Maternity clothes: Yep...I've even outgrown a couple of tops I bought early on.
Stretch marks:Yep, they have made their mark on my hips and my belly.
Sleep:Pretty good still....but, I'm increasingly tired. I'm usually asleep on the sofa after dinner.
Best moment last week: My baby shower! Marlo and Jenn did a great job! It was so fun to see everyone together celebrating this little one. My mom finally got to feel Mini move! I'll post pictures this weekend.
Movement: Yep! Mini is starting to run out of room, so hard kicks have turned into gentle rolls. Mini puts on a show every night after dinner. Brian is convinced that there is an alien growing in my belly...he says it every time he sees my belly rocking and a rollin'!
Food cravings: nothing really. My appetite is decreasing...I'm starting to fill up pretty fast.
Gender: I don't know....but looking forward to finding out!
Labor Signs: 1 cm dilated; Mini is still really high...more frequently BH contractions, but nothing productive. Measuring at 40 weeks....but, I've been consistently measuing 2-3 weeks ahead my entire pregnancy.
Belly Button in or out: In, but very shallow.
What I miss: Nothing, really. I'm loving every minute of this...but I'm a bit sad that it's going by too fast!
What I am looking forward to: My next OB appointment...


1 comment:
Wow. Amazing. Enjoy the home stretch. I am hoping you have a smooth easy delivery. Looking forward to meeting the baby!! Oh, and the Doctor will be able to say "it's a *****!!!!"
Post a Comment