Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Fesitives of 2008

Whew...What a whirlwind!!! Christmas of 2008 is officially over. It began Thanksgiving weekend, with putting up the tree, lights, and decking the halls of our house. Then, the baking extravaganza. I baked a ton (12 different kinds of cookies and cupcakes, to be exact!) this year and loved every minute of it. Brian and I hosted 2 dinner parties with family and friends in December, as well as dinner on Christmas Day with my family.

Christmas Day was very special for us. Brian and I made Eggs Benedict and mimosas for breakfast. Even though we agreed that we wouldn't exchange gifts this year, Brian surprised me with a beautfiul vintage Pyrex covered baker to add to my collection. I love it and it makes me smile everytime I see it! Plus, I was once again reminded of what an amazing man my husband is.

I was very happy with how Christmas dinner turned out. I made everything from scratch, including my first-ever Prime Rib, au gratin potatoes, breaded shrimp with a lemon mayo (yes, even the mayo was from scratch!), and garlic knots (my first sucessful attempt with yeast!).

Brian and I hope you found the time to catch some holiday happiness and enjoyed the season. Kick back and enjoy the slideshow of our holiday happenings...

Click to play Christmas Happenings
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment:

TK said...

WHAT, how did Brian know how to pick out a vintage anything?? You are an amazing teacher and person Jenn and I so look forward to the day I see your little curly headed children in the Christmas pictures. Thanks for the great pics. Your house was beautiful and everyone looks great.