Friday, October 18, 2013

Yard progress

We have plants in our front yard! We went to Navlets last week and spent some time with the designer who drew up our original plans. We didn't like some of the plants and in her words "they were much too boring for such a fun couple". Swoon....she sealed the deal. I will always shop at Navlets versus a big box store for plants. They are a local gem.
So, we walked around for about an hour playing with different combinations. She liked what I picked out for an alternative to grass. So, we are set with our plant list. So far, I like what I'm seeing. I'm worried about a couple of the choices and the amount of shade they get. But, time will tell!




Lavender along the walkway.








New bird bath. Flowering Ground cover is next up to be planted in this area.




Corabelles and abelia. Mulch is half way down. Brian needs to fix the gutter before laying down the rest.




New LED fixtures for either side of the garage. Address plaque is coming soon








Scored free mulch! There was a huge pile of mulch with a free sign down the street from us. So, we got enough to refresh the mulch in the backyard. Score!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: