Sara is doing great in school. We love her teacher! I went to our first parent's group meeting. It was so helpful to sit And talk with other parents who are going through the same experience. I got several helpful hints that helped during out meeting with the Regional Center. Fingers are crossed that they will be funding ABA therapy for us since our insurance doesn't cover it.
We have been struggling with busing, so she missed a few days of school due to that. We simply couldn't take more time off work to pick her up after school! Boo! She will be taking the bus to daycare 3 days a week. Our girl is growing up way too fast!
I think we finally have it straightened out. It's amazing how fast the school district will respond when you cc everyone and their mother in an email and throw out words like legal obligation, formal complaint and media involvement! Yep....phone call from the director himself within 15 minutes of sending the email! Don't make this mama bear mad!







No comments:
Post a Comment