Sunday, September 23, 2012

Celebrating Beginning of Fall


So excited that Fall is finally here!  It's my favorite time of the year.  I'm looking forward to the weather behaving like Fall....it's getting there in it's true back and forth fashion.  Last week, we were walking Belle in sweatshirts.  Tonight was shorts and a t-shirt. 

We had plans that fell thru this weekend, so we decided to do some things that we didn't have time to do this summer.  I'd been wanting to head to an orchard to pick fruit with Sara all summer.  We have several ranches by us that offer u-pick cherries, apricots, and peaches.  We also wanted to go to the beach.  So, I did some research and found a couple of u-pick apple orchards in Santa Cruz and Sebastopol.  We settled on Sebastopol since we didn't want to spend a lot of time in the car. 

Sara loved it....she kept walking around picking up the apples on the ground and saying "apple", "apple" "yummy". She got the hang of picking them off the tree, too! 


We picked 12 pounds of apples.  We turned them into Crockpot Apple Butter which was awesome on pancakes with some Greek yogurt this morning!  Sara and I made Apple Cinnamon Muffins and Apple Crisp She loves "helping" in the kitchen.  She is a great stirrer and mess maker!

After leaving the apple farm, we headed to the beach.  We picked up sandwiches on the way and were ready to have a picnic.  Sara wasn't fond of the curvy road down to the beach and got car sick.  Poor baby!  Luckily, she rallied and had fun at the beach. She loved the water and the sand and chasing the birds!  She had so much fun!  Of course, the weather was perfect for a fall day at the beach!  I can't wait to go back...minus the car sick part.

No time for pictures....she wanted to play

Fog quickly rolled in and then out again.  Didn't stop Sara from exploring!

here birdie....I'm coming....wait for me!

Walking was challenging at first.  She looked like a drunken sailor...face planted several times!


These two had so much fun.  I'm not sure who loves the water more!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: