Saturday, August 22, 2009

Special Delivery!




Our big box of drugs finally arrived! Brian joked after we placed the order with the pharmacy that they were going to be delivered on a pallet! I was strangely excited to finally be opening the box of drugs that we have been discussing with our doctor for what seems like months.
The box's contents were a mix of injectable medications and pills, along with a wide variety of needles and syringes. I had a brief "freak-out" moment when I opened the bag of 18 gauge 1-1/2 inch long needles....it looked mean and like it could hurt...majorily. (Thanks, Trish for calming my fears....I learned today that size is just used for mixing...no injections....phew!)

The drugs in the picture above total just over $4,000. Brian and I are so thankful that Crate&Barrel is head-quartered in Illinois, a state that mandates IVF coverage. Most states, including California, do not mandate coverage for IVF. Thankfully, my insurance picked up over 3/4 of the cost of the drugs and 90% of the IVF procedures. Otherwise, there would be no way that we could afford IVF.


1 comment:

Amy Baldwin said...

Holy Molly that is one big damn box of drugs. Luckily you're a really organized gal Jenn, I am sure that is a rough schedule to keep.